Topanga investment strategy is focused on the acquisition and entitlement of institutional quality multifamily and mixed-use (residential units over retail) properties pursuant to the following criteria:
- Develop and build by-right residential projects under 49 units in California.
- Acquire, entitle and develop institutional quality multifamily and mixed-use (e.g., residential over retail) projects.
- Assemble multiple, smaller adjacent parcels where at least two sites can be aggregated together for efficient management and scale.
- Target properties in “A” and “B” locations that are either core, core adjacent or gentrifying to core in Southern California.
Topanga investment portfolio includes properties in Southern California. Topanga is actively underwriting value-add and RTI ground-up projects in California.
Topanga designs and builds apartment homes with current technologies and “smart” design techniques that meet the evolving needs of each market, resulting in efficient buildings that create the feeling of home for our residents and return value to our investors.
Topanga chooses development projects that combine local knowledge, risk-adjusted returns, and market trends. We have development steps that we follow, honed from our experience, and executed with a team approach.
We know how to select sites and turn big opportunities into even bigger returns. Our team conducts a comprehensive due diligence analysis by evaluating the following aspects of the targeted property:
- Financial Feasibility and Economic Analysis
- Environmental Investigation
- Pro Forma Budget Analysis
- Geo-technical Site Assessment
- Entitlement Assessment
- Value Engineering
- Site Plan and Conceptual Plan Development
- Market Analysis and Trends
Our approach is hands-on, innovative and returns-driven. From market analysis and site selection to project financing and site plan development, we provide a vertically integrated platform capable of managing the development process efficiently.